Liesl has been creating immersive travel itineraries that excite, move, and inspire her guests since joining MORE Private Travel in 2018. But her overall experience in the travel and hospitality industry spans 17 years – including as an Operations Manager for a tour operator and her previous position within MORE as General Manager of Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel. With such well-rounded expertise, Liesl is also the ideal person to answer any of your questions and prepare you for your upcoming journey.
More about Liesl…
- In my carry-on bag I always have a hard copy of my itinerary, with all contact details in case I run into an emergency.
- I never leave home without cash, a credit card, and some form of identification. You never know when you might be invited somewhere fun…
- The best souvenir I ever brought home was a miniature wooden gorilla from Uganda. It sits on my TV unit and reminds me of that one incredible time I trekked through mountain forest to see them in the wild.
- My favourite thing to do in a new place is go out and meet the locals. Who doesn’t love to find out more about the culture, and get inside tips on the best things to see and do?
- Before I leave for a new place, I find out what the preferred currency there is, and what visa and vaccinations are required for my visit are.
- The question I’m most often asked is: “What should I pack for safari?” Neutral-coloured clothing (including a warm wind breaker), sturdy walking shoes, hat/cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, smartphone/camera, e-reader/book.
- My best piece of travel advice is immerse yourself in the experience and try to live out of your comfort zone. Enjoy the new sights, sounds, smells and the change to your daily routine.
- My love of travel comes from my passion for people. Who we are, where we come from, how we do things – it’s our different cultures that make this world such an exciting place to explore!
- In my suitcase you’d be surprised to find only what I need. Nothing can slow down and dampen a trip like lugging around heavy bags.
- One moment from my travels I will never forget is trekking with the mountain gorillas of Uganda. It was an opportunity that came up on a last-minute work trip and something I never expected to do. What a humbling experience to be among these magnificent creatures.