Chanelle joined MORE Private Travel in 2016, but has been part of the MORE family for the past 2013 years. She started out as a Guest Relations Officer at MORE Quarters Hotel, was promoted to Guest Relations Manager, and then Concierge Executive. From her experience ‘on the ground’ and personal travels, she has a well-rounded understanding of what goes into making an unforgettable journey for any guest. Not least of all a warm welcome, which Chanelle can offer in nine languages.
More about Chanelle…
- In my carry-on bag I always have sunblock – you’re not used to the sun in a different country and don’t want to have your holiday ruined by a bad sunburn.
- I never leave home without bottled water – it’s good to stay hydrated on the move and to bring your own supply if you’re not sure whether the tap water is safe to drink.
- The best souvenir I ever brought home was a recipe book from Sri Lanka – I make some of the delicious dishes I tasted there and I reminded of that wonderful holiday.
- My favourite thing to do in a new place is go for a run to orientate myself with the city and stay healthy while travelling.
- Before I go to a new place, I try to learn a few useful words and phrases of the language
- The question I’m most often asked is: “Why South Africa?” Simple – It’s one country but with so much to offer, from safaris, to wine, to beaches and mountains!
- My best piece of travel advice is be open to new experiences and go with the intention of saying yes to things, like local delicacies and extreme sports.
- I got my love of travel from working – it’s great inspiration. I live by: work, save, travel, repeat…
- In my suitcase you’d be surprised to find space! For the interesting trinkets and mementos I bring back from each place.
- One moment from my travels I will never forget is wallowing in Pamukkale’s (Turkey) mineral-rich waters that flow down white travertine terraces into warm, limpid pools.