Constantia Wine Farm is situated a mere 20 minutes from More Quarters Hotel and Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel, it the ideal wine tasting venue for guests with limited time in Cape Town. Most of the wine estates are close to Stellenbosch or Franschhoek, about a one hour drive away. You could easily include this particular experience in a Cape Point Tour, as it is on the way.
Alix Froidbise, tells us about her recent visit:
“At Constantia Glen, I decided to have the white wine tasting, which includes 3 white wines and 1 rosé. They offer different experiences – like chocolate and wine pairing, or a red wine tasting. I started with the white wine first. The first was very light compared to the second that had an aftertaste of wood. My favourite one was the rosé – a full Bordeaux style rosé using all 5 varieties of grapes … it had strawberry notes on the nose and a fruity flavour on the palate. It was a dry rosé. Unfortunately, they only have 60 bottles left, which they have reserved exclusively for their wine tasting. The anticipate that those 60 bottles will be gone by the end of July!”
“They have a very simple menu which consists of soups and platters like cheese & biltong, or cheese & Charcuterie. I had a cheese platter which had 4 different cheeses – blue cheese, goat’s cheese, brie, gouda along with fruits, butter, olives, jam and a small baguette. It was very filling, and went perfectly with the tasting.”
Five reasons why we recommend a visit to Constantia:
- This is a great wine region, with a spectacular view and a beautiful mountain as a backdrop.
- It is the closest wine region to Cape Town’s city centre, and can easily be combined with a Cape Point Tour.
- It has an impressive variety of wines and options for tasting.
- The food is simple and fresh, and of good quality.
- The staff is friendly, passionate and knowledgeable about their wines.